So you are finally past the phase where you think that Python is a natural horror film and CSS is the next great spin-off to the CSI TV shows and now you want to learn to code.
There has been an explosion of interest in coding in the past two decades and it has changed from something that we thought was only used in video games to something that is part of our everyday modern life.
As the number of coding applications grows, so will the number of coding jobs in the world. Currently, every single industry in the world is facing a wide tech gap and this presents us with an excellent opportunity to learn a little bit of coding.
In this guide, we will show you what coding languages are the most popular and why you should consider learning them.
Why Should I Learn to Code?
As we mentioned above, coding is an exciting field and opens up a world of opportunities for people who want to learn it. Although many people believe that coding is quite hard, that’s not true at all especially when it comes to comparing it with other skills that are required to get the best-paying jobs.
An average person can easily learn the basics of coding and start writing simple programs in just a couple of weeks. With a few months of hard work, you can become fluent in at least one popular programming language.
Some of the reasons why you should learn to code includes:
Coding can give you life-long skills: With some practice, a beginner coder can gain experience and skills that can help them pursue a life-long career as a coder, web developer, or a programmer.
Coding can provide you with job security: Do you know that learning a simple coding language like Python can get you a job in top places like Facebook where you can easily earn in excess of $150,000 a year? Coders are in demand in every industry in the world and there are a lot of job opportunities in this field.
Coding can turn an idea into an app: if you have a great idea for an app, you will need to find someone expensive who will be willing to build it up for you. If you know to code, however, you can take matters into your own hand and start bootstrapping immediately and build a working prototype for yourself.
Coding provides you with analytical skills: Coding allows you to see the bigger picture and break it down into smaller pieces. These smaller pieces can each become a different goal which can help you come up with an effective solution.
Coding is fun: Coding can give you the ability to build modern websites from scratch, create responsive games, and program data analysis package. If you learn even one coding language, you can do this and much more.
Choosing the Right Coding Languages: Python, HTML, CSS, and Java
There is a multitude of programming languages and each one of them requires different skills. For example, Android development requires skill in Java while iOS developers need to be well-versed in Swift.
Depending on what you want to do, choosing the right language is extremely important:
Python is one of the top most popular languages in the coding world. It is extremely versatile and can be used in a lot of different applications which is why some of the biggest websites in the world use Python, including Google, Instagram, Netflix, Reddit, and Spotify.
- Python is used by a lot of academics and researchers to create data analysis programs that can help in research studies.
- Python is also behind the rise of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Python is the most popular computer language taught in schools and it is easy to learn, which is why it is the perfect language for beginners.
- Python is used for building back-end of websites, automate repetitive tasks, and access API data.
- Instagram employs Python’s Django framework to manage its CMS.
You can start learning Python for free with Cambridge Coding Courses, which will provide you with an excellent introduction to the language and help you progress to more advanced studies in the future.
HyperTextMarkup Language or HTML is a foundational language that forms the basis of all websites. This is the main file type that is loaded in your browser when you are surfing a website.
- HTML is used to mark all the text so that the computer can understand it.
- The HTML file contains all the content of a webpage and uses various tags to represent different types of content.
- You can use HTML tags to create headlines, paragraphs, bold, italicize, or underline text, create bulleted lists, insert images, make meta tags, and so on.
- HTML is one of the simplest coding languages and is recommended for beginner coders.
The best way you can familiarize yourself with the HTML language is to learn the basic components of the language through our HTML course via Cambridge Coding Courses.
- If you want to specialize in front-end, it is extremely essential to have skills in CSS.
- CSS is used to convert a design into a website layout using different colours, custom fonts, and changing the position of various elements.
- CSS is also used to create shapes and animations on your webpage.
- CSS is the basic element in creating responsive designs that can be adapted to fit screens of all sizes.
To learn CSS, join us today at Cambridge Coding Courses.
- Pebble, the smartwatch maker has created Pebble.js that allows developers to create apps for Pebble watches.
- Using Reveal.js, you can make presentation as websites.
Things to Know Before Enrolling With Cambridge Coding Courses
Before you enrol in our courses, you need to first figure out why you want to learn to code and how much time, effort, and money you are willing to commit to it. You need to consider:
- What type of coding skills you want: Do you want to create responsive websites or work on mobile apps, or go towards software engineering? These things will dictate which language you should learn.
- Why do you want to learn it: Is it just a hobby you want to pick up in your spare time or are you thinking of building a career with it?
- How much money and time can you commit: If you can only dedicate a couple of hours a week, a short basic coding course can work well for you. But if you want more in-depth knowledge, you should enrol in an intensive course, which will also cost you more but provide you with more value.
Cambridge Coding Courses can offer you valuable coding skill sets which you can draw from for the rest of your life. Coding can be challenging but it is also fun and with the right guidance, you can succeed and achieve your life goal.
To learn the essential coding language, contact Cambridge Coding Courses today.